Monday, March 1, 2010

Emotional Stability

Question: What is it worth to be stable emotionally--especially in front of our children?

Answer: LOTS!!!!!!!!

Cora just found this thank-you note as she was cleaning and it reminded me of the session with this mom. Her son was just leaving to go back to work in Fargo, after having been home for the weekend. She felt emotional after the session and was dreading going downstairs to say, "Goodbye." She told me that she had often felt weak when she started crying and she hated that feeling as it made her feel stupid. So the concept, "Crying" and the concept, "Feeling stupid" had somehow gotten linked in her mind.

As I balanced this for her, she blew it all away. After tapping it out, she felt better but still a little nervous as it made her son's departure unhappy for him, if she cried when he left. She didn't want that one bit. I was pleased as could be to receive this note with her check in the mail.

Dear Dawn,

That was a great session! I felt so great after it. I didn't cry when XXXXXXXXXX left. But that wouldn't be a situation that I would have felt "Stupid" for crying about.

Thanks again,

K.

I continue to be amazed at how BodyTalk can help bring stability to the emotions. So here this mom came out of an emotional session and went into an emotional situation and did not feel the need to cry as she had in the past. OH HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment